Amanda M. Brahm
Amanda Brahm specializes in labor, employment, and education laws. She counsels and advises employers on a broad range of personnel-related matters, such as disciplinary issues, termination and separation issues, reasonable accommodation, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and personnel policies and practices. A significant portion of Amanda’s practice involves providing guidance to some of the nation’s most esteemed colleges, universities, and independent schools. Amanda has broad experience counseling schools on issues related to Title IX, FERPA, internal policies and procedures, and compliance with other state and federal laws.
Amanda’s experience includes:
- Title IX regulatory compliance, including student sexual and other misconduct, and gender equity
- Developing and revising student handbooks and other school policies
- Mediation and arbitration of employment and education disputes
- Developing and revising legally compliant workplace policies and practices
- Conducting effective workplace harassment and discrimination training
Amanda is an attorney in the Labor & Employment and Education practice groups at Carlton Fields, P.A., a full-service law firm with 11 offices throughout the U.S. She graduated from Wake Forest University School of Law where she served as a legal research assistant focusing on Title IX and related campus safety issues.